Thursday, January 17, 2008

January 17th Knit Night





What a fun night!!

*Disclaimer.....my photography skills will hopefully get better in the coming weeks...I WILL remember to take pictures of WIP, use the delete button and RE-SHOOT!!! LOL!






Cindy spent the evening helping get Marie back on track with her sock knitting. Hmmm.....now explain to me again how you decreased from 64 and ended up with 85 stitches???? LOL!!!

Marie started her first pair of socks before Christmas and is getting close to finishing!!










Cindy was working on a ruffle scarf with her very first spun yarn....(check her blog because I was a bad blogger and didn't get a picture).....but I love, love, LOVE it!! You will also see her SECOND spun yarn.....purple and absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Can't wait to see what you make with it!!!









We were so tickled Ginger was able to come tonight!! Ginger has a sweet little one at home (I can't believe he is 6 months already!!!)....mighty hard to leave him ....even for knitting!!

Ginger is the scarf queen, naming each and every scarf....I believe this latest one was decided to be called Mocha Java????

Jan also came tonight and was working from her personal stash (which we believe would rival any yarn store in the south)! LOL!!







L to R: Jan, Kay and Tessa (who joined us tonight for the first time)!!



A bit of history: Tessa and I worked together about six years ago. We both changed jobs and lost touch until today!! I was SOOOOO tickled to find Tessa again!!! What a GREAT, GREAT girl she is!!! THE most fun to work with....ALWAYS laughing, cutting up....(see that smile on her face??).....

Tessa is a knitter AND a hooker!! Woo Hoo!!

Kay cast on for a scarf that her daughter saw at In The Making right before Christmas........ cast on 100 stitches......say WHAT???? It is going to be VERY pretty...each row a different yarn, all cream with silk ribbons!!





Bibby.....who keeps us all laughing and is the queen of conversation!!



LOVE YA!!!!!



We missed everyone that wasn't able to attend and look forward to next week when we meet at Frontera for dinner!

I'm already looking forward to the NEXT time we can all meet to knit....nothing like it!!!

6 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Bibby said...

Great post & pictures Darlene!!! It was an especially fun night. I miss Camille & hope she shows for her birthday dinner next week!!!
Tessa, so nice to meet you & hope you will be a "regular"! You are a wonderful addition to "the group"!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Holly said...

I hate I missed meeting all the new faces and hope next week works out.

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed knitting last night. I was glad to be back. Good job on the post Darlene. I cant wait to finish all my unfisnished projects so I can start on some new ones. It was a great night

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger The Yarn Nut said...

Great post Darlene! Yes it was fun. : )

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun night!!!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger The Yarn Nut said...

Oh, how I need my roots done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home